Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Write a review
- • 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting.
- • 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- • ¾ teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup warm water
- • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine yeast, water and 1 tsp sugar. Let sit for five minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups flour, salt and remaining sugar. Make a well in the center and add yeast mixture and olive oil.
- 3. Stir using the paddle attachment or a spoon until the dough just comes together, then knead, either by hand or in a stand mixer fixed with the dough hook, for about 5 minutes (3-4 minutes if using stand mixer). Add remaining flour in 1 tbsp increments just until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl or is no longer sticky.
- 4. Shape dough into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with lightly greased plastic wrap to rise until doubled, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5. Punch down risen dough, shape into a ball and place on a lightly floured pizza stone. Roll out into a circle of desired crust thickness and let rest about 10 minutes (at this time you can put on your desired toppings).
- 6. Preheat oven to 500° F. Place pizza in oven and bake about 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are baked. Let pizza rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/