This recipes uses soy crumbles, a meat alternative similar to ground beef. It’s a great protein-rich way to warm up on cool, fall days! Serves 4–6.
Write a review
- • 1 package soy crumbles such as Yves
- • 2 tablespoons oil (canola, olive or sunflower)
- • 1 large onion, diced
- • 1 red bell pepper or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- • 1 large carrot, diced
- • 3 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- • 2 (19 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
- • 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- • 1 Tbsp crushed dried chili
- • 1 tsp chili powder
- • 1 tsp cumin
- • 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- • 1 Tbsp dried basil
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven until hot and add onion, diced pepper and carrot.
- 2. Sauté for 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally until partially cooked.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients except soy crumbles.
- Mix well.
- 4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook 1 hour.
- 5. Add soy crumbles (i.e. Yves Veggie Cuisine Original Veggie Ground Round). Combine.
- 6. Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- For more great recipes like this, visit onthego.to and search grain farmers
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/