Sunday: Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked Quinta Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced (1 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Textured vegetable protein (350 g package)
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron pot over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot add onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sautéing.
- Stir in textured vegetable protein and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked quinoa,vegetable broth (start with 1 1/2 cups then add more later if desired), chili powder, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot and allow to simmer 30 minutes.
- Add in all beans, corn, cilantro and sweet potato and cook until heated through.
- Serve warm with optional toppings and sides (cheddar, sour cream, diced avocados, tortilla chips etc.)
- Visit www.quinta.co for more recipes.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/