Spicy Quinoa Salad With Ham & Avocado
• 1⅓ cup (330 ml) of chopped Nitrite-free duBreton Sliced Cooked Ham
• 1⅓ cup (330 ml) of quinoa
• 2 cups (500 ml) of vegetable broth or water
• 3 Tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil
• 3 Tbsp (45 ml) of lime or lemon juice
• ¼ tsp (1 ml) of ground chipotle pepper
• 1 tsp (5 ml) of ground cumin
• 1 cup (250 ml) of cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup (125 ml) of yellow pepper, diced
• 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. In a pan, bring the broth to a boil and add the quinoa. Cook for 14 minutes over low heat or until all liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lime juice, chipotle pepper and cumin.
3. Add the cooled quinoa, cherry tomatoes, ham, yellow pepper and avocado. Season and mix thoroughly.
4. Refrigerate until served.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT ONTHEGO.TO AND SEARCH DUBRETON