Quinoa Grapefruit Blueberry Breakfaast
BRING WARMTH AND FRESHNESS TO YOUR WINTER BREAKFAST
During the cold and dark Canadian winter months, it’s important to stay warm and well-nourished. Using in-season ingredients and produce is a simple way to brighten your winter blues and introduce authentic vitamin-rich flavour to your meals. This refreshing breakfast combines hot quinoa with Florida grapefruit and blueberries for a new twist on breakfast, adding Florida sunshine and a boost of energy to your blustery mornings.
• ¾ cup (175 mL) Florida grapefruit juice
• ½ cup (125 mL) water
• ¾ cup (175 mL) quinoa, rinsed
• 2 Tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey or maple syrup
• Pinch salt
• 2 Florida ruby red grapefruit, segmented
• 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 cup (250 mL) 0% vanilla or plain yogurt
• Fresh mint leaves
1. In a small saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, water, quinoa and honey. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Stir in grapefruit and blueberries; divide into shallow bowls and top with yogurt. Garnish with mint to serve.