Ontario Wheat Thins
A fun snack for family gatherings and long weekends.Try them on Family Day!
Write a review
- •5 cups of Ontario whole wheat flour
- •1 1/2 cups of water
- •1/2 cup of butter
- •2 tbsp baking powder
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •1 tsp optional flavouring: paprika, garlic powder, blackpepper, rosemary, or more
- •Additional salt for topping
- 1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and optional flavouring.
- 2.Cut butter into small pieces and mix in with your fingers until dough has a smooth texture.
- 3.Roll dough thin and cut into small squares; prick eachone with a fork and sprinkle salt on top if you want.
- 4.Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, or until brown andcrisp.
- 5.Serve with your favourite Ontario cheese and smokedmeat for a Family Day party platter! •
- Grain Farmers of Ontario
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/