Ontario Corn Fed Beef Roast With A Collingwood Whisky Marinade
Corn makes its way into this recipe in two of its mostexciting forms: corn fed beef and Ontario whisky.
Write a review
- •1/4 cup whisky (we use Collingwood because it’s madewith Ontario corn)
- •1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- •1/3 cup maple syrup
- •1 tsp salt
- •1/4 cup soy sauce
- •1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- •1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- •Ground black pepper to taste
- •1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1. Stir together marinade ingredients; you can keep it coveredin the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 2. Marinate an Ontario corn fed beef roast in the mix for 24hours, covered in the refrigerator.
- 3. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.Insert a meat thermometer, avoiding fat orbone for a moreaccurate reading.
- 4. Cook, uncovered, in the oven at 325°F to desired doneness.
- 5. Transfer roast to a cutting board and tent it with aluminumfoil for 10-15 minutes; this allows the internal temperatureto rise.
- 6. Slice and serve with your choice of Ontario vegetable sides.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/