• ¾ cup rolled oats
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 3 Tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• 2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)
1. Cook the oats in a medium pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes, then grind them in a food processor until they are the consistency of whole wheat flour.
2. Whisk together oat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk together the eggs and melted butter in another bowl, then add the buttermilk.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and let the batter rest while you heat up a waffle iron.
5. Cook the batter in the waffle iron until the waffle is golden on both sides (recipe makes 4 large waffles).
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT ONTHEGO.TO AND SEARCH GRAIN FARMERS