Maple Marinated & Glazed Pork Kebobs
Write a review
- • 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Pork cubes (loin, leg or shoulder)
- • 6 tbsp (75 mL) maple syrup
- • 3 tbsp (50 mL) each olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- • 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 4 bay leaves, broken in small pieces
- • 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried sage and
- • ground black pepper
- • Salt, to taste
- • 1 zucchini, cut into 8 chunks
- • 1 red pepper, cut in chunks
- • 8 fresh pineapple chunks
- • Place Pork cubes in a large plastic bag or in sealable container. Combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup, 2 tbsp (25 mL) each olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus shallots, garlic, bay leaves, sage, pepper and salt; mix well and pour over cubes. Close bag or container and marinate in the refrigerator, turning cubes occasionally, a minimum of 6 hours to a maximum of 24 hours.
- • Drain cubes, discarding marinade.
- • Thread cubes on metal or on wooden skewers which have been pre-soaked in water for 1 hour alternating with zucchini, red pepper and pineapple chunks.
- • Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place kebabs on grill; close barbecue cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning often and basting with a mixture of 2 tbsp (25 mL) maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) each olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/