Maple-Candied Chocolate Bacon Recipe
Write a review
- • 1 package duBreton Organic Smoked Bacon
- • ½ cup (120 mL) maple syrup
- • ¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- • ½ cup (120 mL) heavy cream
- • 3 oz. (90 mL/85 g) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire cooling rack in the pan.
- 2 In a bowl, mix together maple syrup and brown sugar until fully combined. Add bacon and carefully toss with the mixture until slices are evenly coated. Place bacon in a single layer on wire cooling rack, taking care to not overlap edges.
- 3 Cook bacon on middle oven rack for 20 minutes, or until it has a crispy, candied texture. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, prepare chocolate mixture. Fill the bottom of a double boiler half-way with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Add cream to top pot of the double boiler and slowly stir in chocolate. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and blended. Pour mixture into a parchment-line loaf pan.
- 5 Dip each strip of bacon horizontally into the chocolate mixture, leaving one half free of chocolate.
- 6 Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cool in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/