Loveable Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Write a review
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, salt, thyme
- and rosemary
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups (500 mL) turkey
- or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked and chopped Ontario turkey
- Pastry for 9" (23 cm) double pie crust
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) milk
Make it Super
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, potatoes and celery. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Add seasonings and 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) stock. Blend flour into remaining stock, stir into saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring until thickened. Remove bay leaf; stir in peas and turkey.
- 3. Spoon into pie crust. Fit second pastry over top and seal edges and make vents in centre. Brush pastry with milk.
- 4. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350°F (170°C) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/