King Cole - Roast Potato Bruschetta with Peppered Duck
Roasted sliced potatoes, topped with sliced peppered smoked duck, and topped with red pepper jelly and goat cheese make perfect little morsels for entertaining.
Write a review
- 1 King Cole Duck (KCD) Peppered Smoked Duck Breast
- 1 Large, long baking potato* (about 1 lb/500g)
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Vegetable oil
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1mL) Dried Italian seasoning
- 18 Baby arugula or basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp (45mL) Prepared red pepper jelly
- 3 Tbsp (45mL) Crumbled goat cheese (approximately)
- Pinch Salt and freshly ground pepper Chopped, fresh chives
- 1. Score the skin of the duck breast with cuts made ½-inch (1cm) apart, diagonally in both directions to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- 2. Book in a skillet, skin side down, over medium heat until crispy (about 5 to 6 minutes). Remove from skillet and reserve fat.
- 3. Scrub potato and cut crosswise into ¼-inch (6mm) slices, discarding ends.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine reserved duck fat, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Use to brush on both sides of potato slices.
- 5. Arrange slices in a single layer, on parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 40-45 minutes or until brown and crusty. Note: Slices can be kept loosely covered for a few hours at room temperature; best used same day.
- 6. Slice duck breast into 18 thin slices.
- 7. To Serve: Top potato slices (cut in half if too large) with arugula or basil leaf, duck slice, a touch of red pepper jelly, a touch of goat cheese, and sprinkle with chives.
- Visit www.kingcoleducks.com
- *You should have enough potato to make 18 appetizers. Large slices can be cut in half to serve.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/