King Cole - Mushroom and Peppered Smoked Suck Pate
An easy appetizer spread that can be served on crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Write a review
- 1 King Cole Duck (KCD) Smoked Duck Breast, thawed
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 8 oz (250 g) Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) White wine
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) Cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) Cream cheese, cubed
- Pinch Salt and freshly ground pepper Chopped parsley
- 1. Score skin of duck breast with cuts made ½-inch (1 cm) apart, diagonally in both directions to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- 2. Cook in skillet, skin side down, over medium heat until crispy – about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook shallot, mushrooms and garlic over medium-high heat until browned – about 5 minutes. Add wine, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
- 4. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, and let cool.
- 5. Cut duck breast into cubes and add into the food processor with the mushroom mixture and cream cheese. Process until coarsely chopped.
- 6. Place in bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Chill until ready to serve.
- Visit www.kingcoleducks.com
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/