Kamut Duck Ragu
1 package Artesian Acres Kamut Fettuccine or Linguine 4 duck (or chicken) legs and thighs Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Place skin side up in an oven proof skillet or casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 90 minutes, then turn up heat to 375 for 15 minutes, until duck starts to get golden brown. Remove from oven and reserve.
Write a review
- • 1 tbsp duck fat
- • 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- • 1 large onion, diced
- • 2 carrots, diced
- • 2 celery stalks, chopped
- • 1 small zucchini, diced
- • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- • 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- • 2 cups chicken stock
- • 1 large can tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan saute vegetables, rosemary and garlic in duck fat, deglaze with red wine and add chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and add duck. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, remove duck and pull meat off the bone, shred into desired sized strips and add to ragu.
- 2. Add kamut fettuccine to a large pot of boiling water, cook 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Serve, and enjoy.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/