KAMUT® CAPELLINI NESTS
With a mouth-watering combination of crunchy, baked outer shell and a luxurious, creamy middle, brought together with a fresh bite of tomato and herby basil, these Capellini nests are sure to get praise from the whole family.
Write a review
- • 1 package Kamut® Capellini Nests
- • 1 cup grape tomatoes
- • 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- • 1 cup half and half Cream
- • 2 Tbsp butter
- • 1 Tbsp Kamut® Flour
- • 1 Tbsp basil pesto
- • 5–10 basil leaves
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook Kamut® Capellini 3–4 minutes, until al dente. Toss hot pasta in 1 Tbsp butter and ½ cup grated mozzarella.
- • Butter 12 muffin tins, arrange pasta into nests.
- • In a large saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter, sprinkle with Kamut® flour, stir until light brown. Whisk in cream until thickened, add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, basil pesto, salt and pepper. Add small additions of pasta water, if necessary to thin sauce.
- • Bake pasta nests in a 350° oven for 20–25 minutes.
- • Allow nests to cool 5–10 minutes. Spoon nests out of muffin tins. Fill nests with 1–2 tbsp cream sauce, top with halved tomatoes and basil leaves.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/