Grilled Pork Chops With Fresh Peach Or Mango Salsa
Write a review
- • 6 fresh Ontario pork loin chops
- • 1 can (355 mL) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- • 1 clove garlic, minced
- • 2 Tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- • ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- • ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
- • 1 mango or 3 peaches, chopped and peeled
- • ½ sweet red pepper, chopped
- • 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- • ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- • 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- • 1 tsp (5 mL) minced jalapeño, optional
- 1 Place pork in a plastic bag or non-metal sealable container. Mix pineapple juice concentrate, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and pour over pork. Cover; refrigerate and marinate 4 hours or overnight, rotating the bag occasionally.
- 2 Meanwhile, combine peaches or mango with red pepper, cucumber, parsley, lime juice and jalapeño. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 3 Drain marinade into a small saucepan; boil 1 minute. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place the chops on the grill; close barbecue cover and grill 6 to 8 minutes per side to medium doneness, basting frequently with marinade.
- 4 Serve grilled chops with fruit salsa and corn on the cob, sliced Roma tomatoes, or your favourite tossed salad.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/