Grilled Pork Chop T-Bones with Maple Chipotle Glaze
Write a review
- • 1 cup ginger ale
- • 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- • 2 Tbsp olive oil
- • ½ lemon, juiced
- • 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • ¼ cup chopped parsley
- • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or rosemary
- • Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- • 4 2-inch thick pork chop t-bones, with the loin and tenderloin intact, about 12 oz each
- maple chipotle glaze
- • 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- • 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- • 1 Tbsp + ½ tsp TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
- • Kosher salt, to taste
- • In a medium bowl combine ginger ale, maple syrup, olive oil, the juice of half a lemon, TABASCO® brand Chipotle Sauce, garlic, parsley, and oregano or rosemary. Season with a little freshly-ground black pepper.
- • Place pork chop t-bones into a large self-sealing food storage bag and pour over the marinade. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal and gently massage the pork chops while in the bag to allow the marinade to coat all of the meat.
- • Refrigerate and marinate for 4 hours.
- • Prepare the Maple Chipotle Glaze: In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, brown sugar and TABASCO® brand Chipotle Sauce. Stir until combined. Microwave mixture on high for 20-30 seconds, covered loosely with plastic wrap, to warm and allow the sugar to dissolve. Remove from microwave and stir. Set aside. Makes about ½ cup.
- • Preheat grill to high about 500° F. Remove pork chop t-bones from marinade, discarding leftover marinade. Pat dry with paper towelling to remove excess moisture. Season on both sides with a little kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- • Grill each pork chop t-bone for 1-2 minutes per side to sear.
- • Move pork t-bones to an indirect area of the grill, reduce grill heat to medium about 350° F and close grill lid. Slow roast pork t-bones indirectly for 12-16 minutes, basting with reserved maple chipotle glaze until chops are just cooked through and hot.
- • We recommend an internal temperature of 145° F medium doneness. Baste with extra sauce and remove from grill and allow pork chop t-bones to rest for a few minutes before serving.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/