Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Making the dough from scratch is the most challenging part of this recipe, but it is worth the effort. They will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator and freeze well. Makes 11 rolls.
Write a review
- • 2¾ cups flour
- • 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 2¼ tsp yeast
- • ½ cup water
- • ¼ cup milk
- • 2½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- • 1 large egg
- • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- • ¼ cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup icing sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 2-3 Tbsp strong coffee or milk
- 1. To make the dough, set aside ½ cup of flour. In a large bowl, toss together 2¼ cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- 2. Heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot to touch.
- 3. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and only enough of the reserved flour to make a soft dough. Dough will be ready when it gently pulls away from the side of the bowl and has an elastic consistency.
- 4. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 5. To make the filling, roll the dough out in a 14x8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough. Add more cinnamon/ sugar if desired.
- 6. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 11 even pieces and place in a lightly greased 9-inch round pan.
- 7. Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 60-90 minutes.
- 8. After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- 9. Right before serving, top rolls with glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and coffee or milk together until smooth and drizzle over rolls.
- For more great recipes like this, visit onthego.to and search grain farm
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/