Duck Sliders with Plum Sriracha Sauce and Cucumber-Radish Pickle
Perfect for a gathering or light meal. Serve on larger buns and top with your favourite ‘slaw as another option.
Write a review
- 1 (500g pkg) King Cole Duck (KCD) Pulled Duck Meat, thawed
- 20 Mini burger buns (approximately)
- Plum Sriracha Sauce
- 1¼ cups (300mL) Plum sauce
- ½ cup (125mL) Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) Each of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10mL) Minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10mL) Sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- Cucumber-Radish Pickle
- 3 Mini seedless cucumbers
- 5 – 6 Small radishes
- 3 Tbsp (45mL) Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Sesame oil
- 1½ tsp (7mL) Sugar
- ½ tsp (2mL) Salt
- 1. Separate duck meat into shreds using fingers then set aside.
- 2. Combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in duck meat and heat through (about 5 minutes).
- 4. Meanwhile, cut cucumbers and radishes into julienne strips, about 1-inch (2.5cm).
- 5. Place in small bowl and add remaining ingredients; chill for at least 1 hour.
- 6. To serve: Place a small amount of duck filling on bottom side of each bun. Drain the cucumber and radish mixture, and use to top the duck filling. Top with the bun tops and serve.
- Visit www.kingcoleducks.com
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/