Cornmeal is one of many food products made from Ontario grain corn. Polenta is a delicious cornmeal-based dishand is a perfect bed for your favourite foods like sautéed mushrooms, spinach or meat ragú. Polenta is an easy dish you can make in about 30 minutes.
Write a review
- • 1 cup of cornmeal
- • 4 cups of water
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 1-3 tablespoon butter
- • 1 cup cheese (optional)
- 1. In a 2-3 quart pot, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat and add in the salt.
- 2.Pour the cornmeal (polenta) into boiling water in a steady stream while gently whisking.
- 3.Turn the heat to low and continue whisking until the polentahas thickened enough that it no longer settles to the bottom of the pan.
- 4.Cook the polenta for approx. 30 minutes. Stir vigorously every 10 minutes while scraping sides of pan.
- 5.Cook until polenta has a porridge-like consistency.
- 6.Stir in butter and cheese if you are using it.
- 7.Add on toppings like mushrooms, serve and enjoy.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/