CORNMEAL WAFFLES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
These delicious waffles are made even better by raspberry sauce! They are easy to make and freeze well for a quick and tasty weekday breakfast.
Write a review
- • 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- • 1¼ cups yellow cornmeal
- • 1 Tbsp baking powder
- • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 2 cups milk
- • 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- • 2 eggs, beaten
- • 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- • 2 pints raspberries
- • ½ cup water
- • ¾ cup sugar
- • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1. Preheat the waffle maker.
- 2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt) and mix well. In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients: milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- 3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 4. Pour ¾ cup – 1 cup (depending on the size of your waffle maker) into the center of the grid.
- 5. Cook the waffle according to your waffle maker directions. Bake until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- 6. For sauce, crush the raspberries with water in a saucepan. Add sugar and cornstarch.
- 7. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until raspberries have broken down and look like jam.
- 8. Serve waffles with raspberry sauce and/or maple syrup.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/