Classic Bran Muffins
Bran muffins contain wheat bran, an excellent source of fibre and a good source of vitamins and minerals. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Write a review
- • 1 ½ cups wheat bran
- • 1 cup buttermilk
- • ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- • 1 egg
- • ⅔ cup brown sugar
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp salt
- • ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin cups or line cups with paper muffin liners.
- 2. Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 min.
- 3. Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended. Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- 4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/