Black Forest Ham and Summer Vegetable Sandwich
Write a review
- 175 g pkg. Piller’s Simply Free® Smoked Black Forest Ham
- 6 slices rye bread, light or dark
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 leaves Boston or romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 slices Havarti cheese salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, salt and pepper; sauté another 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remove mixture from heat and place in bowl. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and lightly fry zucchini slices until oft (2-3 minutes).
- To assemble sandwich, spread mayonnaise on top slice of rye bread and Dijon mustard on bottom slice. Layer with ham slices, grilled vegetables, tomato, lettuce and cheese.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/