Balsamic Pork Leg Scallopine
Write a review
- • 500 g pork leg cutlets*
- • 1/2 cup flour
- • 1/2 tsp EACH salt and pepper
- • 2 Tbsp canola oil
- • 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- • 1 bell pepper, chopped
- • 2 tsp garlic, minced
- • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- • 2 tsp dried basil
- • 1 tsp pepper
- • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- • ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grate
- *Alternatively, you can use fast-fry chops.
- 1 Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in flour, covering completely.
- 2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on both sides in batches. Set aside.
- 3 Add onion and bell pepper to the pan and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for one minute. Add broth, vinegar, basil, pepper and oregano. Return pork to pan and submerge in liquid. Bring up to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20–25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 4 Meanwhile, if making zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer to make fine ribbons or noodles. They can be eaten as is, or sautéed for one minute in 1 tsp canola oil just prior to serving.
- 5 Serve pork over zucchini noodles, pasta noodles or mashed potatoes sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/