Yield: 20 – 24 pieces
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 20–24 chocolate chip cookies (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 slices Ontario bacon, cooked, drained, finely chopped and divided
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Crush two dozen cookies into crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add 6 slices of finely chopped bacon and cream cheese. Mix together until a ball of cookie dough forms. If dough feelsdry, add 1 Tbsp of cream cheese until desired consistency is achieved.
- Roll into 2-inch balls. Place rolled cookie balls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While cookie balls are freezing, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until creamy and lump free.
- Dip balls into chocolate with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place truffles back onto cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with a generous pinch of chopped bacon. Once alltruffles have been coated, place in fridge to allow chocolate to set. Store truffles refrigerated in an airtight container.