Apple and Couscous Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Write a review
- • 1 cup (250 mL) cooked couscous, cooked with
- vegetable broth
- • 2-1 lb (450 g each) Ontario pork tenderloins
- • 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- • 1 onion, diced
- • 1 apple, diced
- • 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh sage, minced
- • ⅓ cup (80 mL) dried cranberries
- • 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- • ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH thyme and rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. Cook couscous in vegetable broth if you have not done so already.
- 3. Trim the pork tenderloins and remove the silver skin, then butterfly. Line the inside of the tenderloin with baby spinach.
- 4. Mix together cooked couscous, onion, apple, sage and dried cranberries to make the filling. Spread the mixture evenly between the two pork tenderloins. Roll up the tenderloins, tie if necessary, but they should hold on their own.
- 5. Once the tenderloins are rolled up, rub the outside of the tenderloins with honey, black pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- 6. Place stuffed tenderloins in a roasting pan and bake for 20–25 minutes, until they have reached an internal temperature of 155°F (68°C), then take out of the oven. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. During this time the internal temperature will rise to 160°F (71°C).
ON the GO Magazine https://www.onthego.to/