St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails
Celebrate Saint Patty’s on Tuesday, March 17th with one of these delicious Irish-inspired cocktails!
IRISH COLA (mixthatdrink.com) The Irish Cola gets its name from blending Irish whiskey and Bailey’s Irish Cream with cola. You probably could’ve guessed that on your own. This drink has a rich taste with notes of fruit and almond, and a little bit of smoke. It’s nice for relaxing and winding down, and even makes a great nightcap.
- 1 oz Irish whiskey (Jameson’s)
- 1 oz Bailey’s
- 4 oz cola
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the Irish whiskey and Bailey’s.
- Shake until chilled, and strain into an old-fashioned glass.
- Fill the glass the rest of the way with cola.
IRISH COFFEE (cocktails.about.com) The Irish had the right idea when they combined robust Irish whiskey with hot, black coffee. Beyond choosing the best Irish whiskey possible, using fresh whipped cream can turn the mundane Irish Coffee into something spectacular.
- 4 oz strong, rich hot coffee
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 oz lightly whipped cream
- Pour the sugar then coffee into a warm Irish coffee glass and stir until dissolved.
- Add the Irish whiskey and stir again.
- Float the cream on top by pouring it over the back of a spoon. Drink the coffee through the cream.
EVERYBODY’S IRISH (cocktails.about.com) You might not be sold on the olive garnish for this cocktail, but trust us, it brings out some subtle flavours, and tastes really good. This is a very green cocktail, so you will want to be sure to use the green varieties of both liqueurs to get that perfect shade.
- 2 oz Irish whiskey
- 1 Tbsp green crème de menthe
- 1 Tbsp Green Chartreuse
- Cocktail olive or fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the olive or mint sprig.