Don’t Let Spring Cleaning Get You All Chocked Up
The arrival of warm weather means it’s time to open the windows and get started on spring cleaning. Here are some tips from the Ontario Lung Association to help keep the air lung-friendly as you clean.
- Get rid of dust-collecting clutter such as old books or clothes.
- Use air-friendly cleaning products — baking soda and water for a cleaning paste, equal parts lemon juice and water to clean surfaces, and vinegar for windows.
- Air fresheners contain harsh chemicals. Use fresh-cut flowers or potpourri instead.
- Check your furnace filter and replace it if necessary.
- If you have spring allergies, check the pollen forecast at www.weather.ca before going outside.
The Your Healthy Home website — www.YourHealthyHome.ca — offers a virtual room-by-room tour pointing out everyday items that could be bad for your lungs. You can also call the Lung Health Information Line at 1-888-344-LUNG (5864) or e-mail email@example.com.