Zesty Pork Pizza Burgers
Bite into local for Canada 150!
Write a review
- • 1 lb (500 g) Ontario lean ground pork
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped mushrooms
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs
- • 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
- • 7 fl oz (213 mL) prepared pizza sauce
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- • 6 pretzel buns
- • Tomato slices and lettuce
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together lean ground pork, mushrooms, bread crumbs, and oregano. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- 2. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place patties on lightly greased grill; close barbecue cover and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. OR, fry in lightly greased skillet at medium-high heat until no longer pink inside.
- 3. Place burgers on buns; top each with pizza sauce and cheese. Arrange lettuce and a slice of tomato on the other half of the bun.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/