Zesty Hot Ham And Cheese Crostini
Write a review
- • 1 package (125 g) Nitrite-free duBreton Organic Sliced Smoked Ham
- • 1 tub (227 g) soft cream cheese
- • 3 green onions, very finely chopped
- • 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Gruyere or other firm Swiss cheese
- • 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared horseradish or Dijon mustard
- • ½ tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- • 1 crusty baguette, about 350 g
- 1 Slice the baguette in half (lengthwise) and toast lightly on a barbecue grill or campfire.
- 2 Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese by blending with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- 3 Add the green onions, cheese, horseradish and pepper and blend until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- 4 Chop the ham finely and add to the cheese mixture. Gently mix until well-combined.
- 5 Spread the mixture on the toasted baguette and send it back to heat for a few minutes to lightly melt the cheese.
- Make the cheese mixture up to 3 days in advance. Use as directed above, or spread over bagels, buns and sliced bread for a quick and satisfying snack. Serve with soup for a complete meal. The oven version of this recipe can be found at duBreton.com.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/