Whole Wheat Fattoush Salad
Write a review
- •Whole wheat pita (6, toasted)
- •Mint (20 leaves)
- •Cilantro (20 leaves)
- •Cucumber (1, diced)
- •Onion (1, sliced)
- •Field tomato (1, diced)
- •Balkan yogurt (1 cup)
- •Garlic (2 cloves, diced)
- •Lemon juice (3 tbsp)
- •Soy oil (6 tbsp)
- •Sumac (3 tsp)
- •Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1. Open each of the 6 pitas and rub with fresh garlic,soy oil, sumac, salt and pepper.
- 2. Place the seasoned pita bread on a baking sheet andtoast under broiler until golden brown.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix cucumbers, onions, tomatoes,lemon juice, soy oil and sumac.
- 4. Once the salad has marinated for 2-3 minutes, beginto stack on top of the toasted pita.
- 5. Garnish with freshly picked mint and cilantro leaves,a fresh pinch of sumac and a drizzle of yogurt.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/