Wednesday: Chocolate Skor Quinoa Apple Slices
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup Quinta Quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup of Skor bits
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate, chopped fine (semi-sweet chocolate chips work too)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine lemon juice and water and add apple wedges. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add Quinta Quinoa, oats and coconut palm sugar. Toast stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes or until quinoa is golden brown. Place in a shallow dish and allow to cool slightly.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over low heat. Stir until melted, making sure that no water reaches the chocolate.
- Drain apple wedges on a paper towel. Carefully dip apple wedges, holding from the skin side.
- Alternately, you may use a spoon to spread the chocolate over the wedges.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with quinoa and Skor mixture, pressing lightly so it sticks. Refrigerate for 20 minutes and serve!
- Visit www.quinta.co for more recipes.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/