Tuesday: Cumin, Lime & Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Write a review
- Ingredients for the salad:
- 3 cups cooked Quinta Quinoa
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large chopped and roasted sweet potato
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Fine grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Ingredients for the dressing:
- 5 to 5 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of honey, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork and chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa, drained and rinsed black beans, cilantro, sweet potato, green onions, and red pepper.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour onto salad and toss to combine.
- Visit www.quinta.co for more recipes.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/