These homemade corn tortillas are easy to make and full of flavour. Masa Harina can be found in the International aisle of the grocery store. Although using a tortilla press is recommended, tortillas can also be flattened with a rolling pin. Try them with your favourite taco toppings or as a wrap!
- • 1 cup Masa Harina
- • pinch salt
- • ¾ cup hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, add the Masa and the salt. Stir to combine.
- 2. Add the water and stir to combine. If the dough is too dry to hold together, add additional water. If it is too wet, add more Masa.
- 3. Form into balls a bit larger than golf balls.
- 4. Prepare a tortillas press by wrapping in plastic wrap or covering with parchment paper. Place one ball in the center. Place in the tortilla press.
- 5. Press, rotate and press again until thin.
- 6. Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to a medium high heat. Cook until slightly brown on the bottom (about 30 seconds to a minute). Flip and cook on the other side. Make sure not to overcook.