Thursday: Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Parmesan Soup
Write a review
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup uncooked Quinta Quinoa
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (24 ounces) garlic & herb flavoured spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.25 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (depending if you prefer chunkier soup or one with more broth)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray your slow cooker generously with nonstick spray.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and add to the slow cooker.
- Rinse the quinoa and add it to the slow cooker along with the Italian seasoning, dried oregano, chopped basil, garlic, chopped onion, spaghetti sauce, undrained petite diced tomatoes, and 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Stir well and cover the slow cooker. Allow to cook on high for 3-4 hours remembering to stir it several times throughout cooking so the quinoa doesn’t stick to the edges.
- Stir everything together and add in 1-2 more cups chicken broth if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the Parmesan and allow to melt.
- Top with extra cheese!
- Visit www.quinta.co for more recipes.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/