Summertime Delights from One World Kitchen
The hot weather is finally here and what better way to celebrate than with an ice cream or a cold drink. But these aren’t the regular run-of-the-mill summer treats. The mango lassi, an incredibly popular blended drink from India, is refreshing but has a pop of unexpected spice from the cardamom. And the matcha green tea ice cream is sweet but has a gentle bite to the finish. Both extraordinary ways to cool off in the sun!
These recipes are featured in One World Kitchen, a new culinary series that features five talented Canadian women hosts and five popular global cuisines — Indian, Argentinian, Thai, Italian and Japanese. The series premieres June 1, only on Gusto TV. Gusto is available on Bell Satellite, Bell Fibe, Eastlink, MTS, Telus Satellite and Telus Optik. www.oneworldkitchen.ca • www.gustotv.com
http://emindfolks.com/app-store-optimization-services/ Mango Lassi
India’s answer to the smoothie, but meant to be enjoyed alongside any spicy main meal. For a lighter drink, blend with 1 cup (250 mL) ice. Serves 2.
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed ripe mango (3 to 4 mangoes), chilled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain yogurt (not low-fat), chilled
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) ground cardamom
Fresh sprigs of mint, for garnish
Place the mangoes into a blender, and add the honey, but decrease or omit if the mangoes are really ripe and sweet. Purée. Add the yogurt and cardamom and blend again until smooth. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Buy Tadalafil Tastylia Oral Strips Usa Green Tea Ice Cream
Matcha is powdered Japanese green tea. With all the tea shops popping up these days, you should have no problem finding it. It tints the ice cream a beautiful subtle green and provides a nice balance to the sweetness of the cream.
- 2 cups (500 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole milk (or half-and-half for creamier consistency)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) kosher salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) matcha powder
http://crystalpalacemuseum.org.uk/overnight-delivery-viagra/ Ice cream maker
- Have ready a medium stainless-steel bowl sitting on top of another bowl with ice. Place a fine-mesh sieve in the top bowl.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pot, bring the cream, milk, and salt to a simmer over mediumlow heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and matcha. If the matcha does not completely dissolve, pour in about 1 cup (250 mL) of the hot cream mixture in a slow stream, whisking vigorously.
- Add the whisked-egg mixture into the pot with the cream. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula, over medium-low heat, until thick enough to coat the back of spoon, or registers 165°F (74°C) on an instant-read thermometer. Do not let it boil. Immediately pour the custard through the sieve into the stainless-steel bowl. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Chill, covered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze in the ice cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to an airtight container, and let it harden in the freezer. 6 Serve with whipped cream, and/or any other sundae garnishes of your choice.