Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups
Your guests will enjoy these tasty treats for a holiday party or get together. Makes 20–24 pieces.
Write a review
- • 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario pork
- • 1 onion, finely chopped
- • 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH oregano, basil and parsley
- • Salt and pepper
- • 1-13 oz (398 mL) can tomato sauce
- • 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely grated Parmesan
- • 2 cups (500 mL) arugula leaves
- • Mini-tartlet pan
To Make Cups
- • Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. With a pencil, draw 3” circles on the parchment. Spread 2 tsp of grated Parmesan to fill each circle.
- • Bake for 2–3 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- • Remove from oven and allow to cool 1–2 minutes.
- • To make bowls, carefully lift each warm circle off the parchment with a spatula and press into a mini-tarlet pan to form a cup. Allow them to cool.
To Make Filling
- • In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, sauté pork and onions, breaking up with the side of a spoon to make a small crumble. Add oregano, basil, parsley and continue until pork is cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Into each Parmesan cup, add a few arugula leaves and top with a tablespoon of pork mixture.
- For more great recipes like this, visit onthego.to and search ontario pork
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/