• 2 lbs. (about 8) Ontario pork loin centre cut bone-in chops
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp onion powder
• ¼ tsp pepper
• 1 Tbsp canola oil
• 1 Tbsp butter
• ½ cup onion, finely diced
• 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
• 1 can (284 mL) chicken broth
BRANDY CREAM HERB SAUCE
• ¼ cup brandy or sherry
• 2 Tbsp cornstarch
• ⅓ cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs — parsley, basil or thyme
1. Season each side of the pork chops with thyme, salt, onion powder and pepper.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat melt butter and canola oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes. Remove and add to bottom of a slow cooker.
3. Add pork chops to the skillet and lightly brown on each side. Transfer to slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over top, cover and cook on high for 2–3 hours or low for 6–8 hours.
4. When pork chops are very tender, remove and keep warm.
5. Transfer remaining liquid from slow cooker to a large skillet. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and brandy to make a slurry; stir into slow cooker liquid. Bring mixture to a boil for 2–3 minutes until thickened.
Add cream and herbs. Return pork chops to skillet to just heat through.
For this recipe and more, visit ontariopork.com/recipes