Sausage-Stuffed Pork Roast
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- • 3–4 pounds Ontario pork loin
- • 4–6 Ontario pork sausages
- • 8 slices Ontario bacon
- • 1 leek, washed and diced
- • ½ large onion, finely diced
- • 2 tsp olive oil
- • ½ tsp hot chili flakes
- • 1 large apple, finely diced
- • ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- • ½ – 1 cup apple beer (or regular beer)
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large frying pan heat 2 tsp of olive oil. Add diced leeks and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- 2 Remove sausages from casings and add to pan. Using a spatula, crumble sausage and cook for 5 minutes until brown.
- 3 Add ½ cup beer, chili flakes, apple, parsley, and cook for 3–5 minutes until beer evaporates. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Meanwhile, butterfly the pork loin, slicing it like an open book and using a meat tenderizer to pound it flat.
- 5 Lay three long pieces of twine across a 9x13-inch roasting pan about 2 inches apart. Spoon sausage, onion and apple mixture onto the meat.
- 6 Roll the loin with the stuffing inside, as if you were making sushi and tie twine tightly. Place bacon under the twine to cover the top of the pork.
- 7 If there is leftover stuffing, spoon it around the roast and add another 1½ cup of beer. Cook for 90 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160°F.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/