Quick Pork Parmesan
Be your own butcher: Substitute pork loin roast as a budget friendly option.
Write a review
- • 1 lb (500 g) Ontario pork leg, pork cutlets or boneless fast-fry pork chops
- • 1 egg, lightly beaten
- • ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- • ¾ cup (175 mL) seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- • 1 cup (250 mL) spaghetti/pasta sauce
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- • 1/2 cup (125 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Using a meat mallet, pound pork to ¼-inch thickness (if thicker than ¼ inch/6 mm). Combine egg and water and dip pork into mixture; coat with breadcrumbs.
- 2. In a large non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium to medium-high heat. Brown pork about 2–3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low.
- 3. Gently pour spaghetti sauce over pork and sprinkle with grated cheeses. Cover and heat for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is hot.
- 4. Serve with egg noodles and green beans or asparagus.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/