• 4 Ontario pork loin centre cut boneless steaks
• 8 green onions, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 mini-baguette
• ¼ cup Dijon or grainy mustard
• 4 fresh figs, sliced thinly
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped
• 5 oz Gorgonzola cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
Preheat broiler with rack in the
In a fry pan, soften onions and garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
Slice pork diagonally against the grain into very thin slices.
Slice baguette diagonally into ½–inch slices. Spread ½ tsp mustard on each slice, then 2 pork slices. Follow with some onion mixture and then fig slices. Top with cheese and lastly nuts.
Drizzle each crostini with a bit of olive oil and broil just a few minutes to melt cheese — keep watching so it won’t burn.
Makes 24 pieces.