Mini Mushroom-Tomato Galettes with Roquefort and walnuts
follow Serves 4
- 2 sheets/ rolls butter puff pastry *
- 80g Roquefort or other sharp blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 10 medium white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
*You could, of course make your own pastry
go to link Method
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F F / 200˚C.
2. Roll out pastry dough and using a bowl approximately 14-15cm in diameter, cut out four rounds. Do not force or stretch the dough. Transfer the dough to a baking tray either lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
3. Place the cheese in the middle of each pastry round, leaving about 2cm around the edge of each round.
4. Sprinkle each pastry round with a tablespoon of the chopped walnuts.
5. Place about 8 mushrooms’ worth of slices on top of the walnuts, pressing into the cheese/ walnut mixture.
6. Place 3 cherry tomato halves on each pastry round.
7. Fold over the edges of the dough (making 4-5 folds, one fold at a time) and pressing lightly on the corners to gently seal the galettes.
8. Brush the beaten egg on the dough border. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese melted.
9. Meanwhile, sauté the remaining mushroom slices in the butter. Drain on a paper towel and set aside until the galettes are cooked.
10. When the galettes are cooked, remove from baking tray to a cooling rack and cool for about 5 minutes. Place the sautéd mushroom slices on each galette and serve warm with a green salad.