KAMUT® Linguine Carbonara
- 1 package Kamut Linguine
- 1 pound shrimp, peeledand deveined
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 package prosciutto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until
al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Reserve drained pasta in the pot.
- In a medium pan, cook prosciutto until crisp, chop, and set aside. In the same pan, with prosciutto drippings, add 1 tsp olive oil and leeks, cook until translucent and golden. Set aside with prosciutto. Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan, cook shrimp until pink and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper together. Pour cream mixture into the hot pasta, and stir over low heat for one to two minutes. If sauce gets too thick, thin down with 1 Tbsp pasta water, if still too thick, continue to add water. Be sure to use low heat, or the egg mixture will turn to scrambled eggs.
- Add prosciutto, leeks, shrimp and dill, stir to combine and serve while hot.
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT ONTHEGO.TO AND SEARCH KAMUT