KAMUT® CAPELLINI NESTS
With a mouth-watering combination of crunchy, baked outer shell and a luxurious, creamy middle, brought together with a fresh bite of tomato and herby basil, these Capellini nests are sure to get praise from the whole family.
Write a review
- • 1 package Kamut® Capellini Nests
- • 1 cup grape tomatoes
- • 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- • 1 cup half and half Cream
- • 2 Tbsp butter
- • 1 Tbsp Kamut® Flour
- • 1 Tbsp basil pesto
- • 5-10 basil leaves
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook Kamut® Capellini 3–4 minutes, until al dente. Toss hot pasta in 1 Tbsp butter and ½ cup grated mozzarella.
- • Butter 12 muffin tins, arrange pasta into nests.
- • In a large saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter, sprinkle with Kamut® flour, stir until light brown. Whisk in cream until thickened, add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, basil pesto, salt and pepper. Add small additions of pasta water, if necessary to thin sauce.
- • Bake pasta nests in a 350° oven for 20–25 minutes.
- • Allow nests to cool 5–10 minutes. Spoon nests out of muffin tins. Fill nests with 1–2 tbsp cream sauce, top with halved tomatoes and basil leaves.
- FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES LIKE THIS, VISIT ONTHEGO.TO AND SEARCH KAMUT
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/