KAMUT BERRY WATERMELON SALAD
In these hot summer months it’s nice to indulge in something refreshing. This salad delivers, and with the addition of Kamut berries this salad becomes filling enough to become a meal in itself.
Write a review
- • 1 cup Kamut Berries
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 1 small watermelon, chopped
- • ½ cup feta cheese, chopped
- • 5-10 mint leaves, julienned
- • 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- • 2 Tbsp olive oil
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- • Presoak Kamut berries overnight, drain off water. Bring 3 cups water to a boil, add soaked grain and salt. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. If you choose not to soak berries, cook in boiling water for 45-60 minutes.
- • Drain water and cool berries with cold tap water. Combine watermelon, feta cheese, mint leaves, cooled Kamut berries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/