Jarlsberg®, cranberry and walnut phyllo triangles
Write a review
- For the filling
- • 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- • ¼ cup sugar
- • ¼ cup raisins
- • 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- • 1 tsp finely grated orange peel
- • 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- For the triangles
- • 10 sheets phyllo dough
- • ¼ cup melted butter
- • 225 g Jarlsberg®, cut into 25 cubes
- • ⅔ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a saucepan, combine the filling ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Allow to cool.
- 2. Lay a phyllo sheet on a cutting board in front of you horizontally, and brush it with melted butter. (Cover the remaining sheets with a damp towel.) Cut the sheet vertically into 5 strips. Place half a teaspoon of filling, a cube of Jarlsberg®, and half a teaspoon of chopped nuts in the lower corner of each strip. Fold up diagonally to make a triangle, and repeat to the end of the strip. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with nuts. Repeat with the remaining strips and sheets of phyllo.
- 3. Bake for 12-15 min., or until golden brown.
- Makes 25 triangles.
- For more great recipes like this, visit onthego.to and search jarlsberg
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/