Italian Stuffed Peppers with Pork
Write a review
- • 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa, cooked in
- vegetable broth
- • 1 lb (450 g) Ontario lean ground pork
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH oregano, parsley and basil
- • 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- • ½ cup (125 mL) leeks, sliced thin
- • 1 zucchini, cubed
- • ½ cup (125 mL) mushrooms, cubed
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tomato, cubed
- • 2 Tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 4 red or yellow peppers
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. Cook quinoa in vegetable broth.
- 3. Cook the ground pork fully in a frying pan over medium-high heat with oregano, parsley and basil. Place pork to the side on a plate.
- 4. Add oil to the frying pan and sauté leeks for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Then add the tomato, quinoa, pork and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Cut off the top of your peppers and a little off the bottom so that they sit flat in the baking pan. Clean out the centre of the peppers. Divide the pork mixture into 4 and stuff the peppers. If making half peppers, divide mixture into 8.
- 6. Set the stuffed peppers on a baking pan and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
ON the GO Magazine http://www.onthego.to/