Lemon Olive Vinaigrette
- ½ cup sun dried black olives, pitted (about 18 olives)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (¼ cup lemon juice and 2 tsp. zest)
- 3 anchovies (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Mastro Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. Mastro Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Mastro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except olive oil and pulse until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer to a small bowl and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
Makes about 1 cup; Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Grilled Vegetable Skewers:
- 6 wooden skewers 10 inches in length, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 1 large white onion
- 2 zucchini
- 12 brown mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. Mastro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces and skewer onto pre-soaked wooden skewers. Brush vegetable skewers with a little olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium high about 450-550 degrees F.
- Grill vegetable skewers for 10-12 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender.
- Remove from grill and spoon 1-2 tablespoons of lemon black olive vinaigrette over each skewer.
- Serve immediately with Mastro Cucina Italiana Italian Style Ribs
Makes 6 skewers