A delicious snack or breakfast dish from the Grain Farmers of Ontario.
1742 buy tinidazole 500mg NETTIE CRONISH is a natural to be working with the Canadian Soy Food Marketing Council. She is an organic foods chef, culinary instructor and cookbook writer. Her most recent book, co-written with Pat Crocker, is Everyday Flexitarian: Recipes for Vegetarians & Meat Lovers Alike, which features soy food preparation in a variety of formats: baked, stir fried, and grilled. For the past 23 years, Nettie has been the resident cooking instructor at The Big Carrot Natural Foods store in Toronto. For the vegetarian and flexitarian curious, she gives classes at Great Cooks on Eight, Nella Cucina, President’s Choice Cooking School (Loblaw’s) and the LCBO. She has also taught at George Brown College, Calphalon Culinary Centre and Dish Cooking School. Nettie develops and tests recipes for businesses and her articles have appeared in Chatelaine Magazine, Canadian Living, Food & Drink, Homemakers, Natural Health, Alive Magazine, The Globe and Mail and Toronto Star. Without compromising her cooking philosophy that “delicious is a pre-requisite for healthy,” as a busy mother of three, Nettie has acquired extensive experience at getting dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Nettie Cronish is the chair of the Women’s Culinary Network, and a board member of Taste Canada and Fairtrade Canada.
- • 1 cup basmati rice
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • 4 cups vanilla soy beverage
- • 6 cups sliced or small cubed fruit: berries, melon, banana, kiwi, orange, pear
- • 15 nuts, shelled and chopped
- 1. Rinse rice well. Soak in cold water for 20 minutes, then drain.
- 2. Combine the rice, cinnamon stick and 2 cups vanilla soy beverage in a pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the soy beverage has been absorbed. Add remaining 2 cups soy beverage. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until soy beverage has been absorbed.
- 3. Remove cinnamon stick. Place cooked rice in a large bowl. Fold the fruit into the rice, garnish with nuts and serve immediately. Delicious hot or cold.