Courtesy of Foodland Ontario – www.foodland.gov.on.ca
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked Ontario Sweet Corn kernels
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillet(s)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 8 small whole wheat go or corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Ontario Lettuce
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded Ontario Monterey Jack buy Lyrica usa or Cheddar Cheese
In medium bowl, combine corn, 1 clove of the garlic, tomato, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lime juice, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the cumin and salt; set aside.
Place fillet(s), skin side down, on foil that has been poked with fork in several places . In small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, and remaining garlic , lime juice and cumin; brush over fillet(s). Place foil on grill over medium-high heat; close cover and grill for 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and fl akes easily when tested with fork. Remove fillet(s) by sliding large spatula between skin and flesh, and carefully lift trout, leaving skin on foil. Divide into 8 portions.
Top tortillas with lettuce and trout; sprinkle with cheese and spoon corn salsa on top.